Free School Meals
Is my child eligible?
From 1 April 2018, free school meals in all West Sussex maintained and free schools and academies are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
How to Apply?
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits specified you can apply either online using the link below, or contacting email@example.com for a form.
If your Circumstances Change?
If your circumstances have changed contact West Sussex directly as you may need to make a new application For example:
- Your child changes school to a school that is not within West Sussex, in which case you should contact the new local authority and inform West Sussex.
Registering could raise money for your child’s school
Registering for free school meals could raise an extra £1,320 per year, per child, for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from Central Government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed in the form. It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, even if your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2, so that your child’s school receives as much funding as possible